Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Ava Lynn: 2 Years Old!


I can't believe it, but this sweet girl is 2 years old!
How on earth is she big enough to wear jeans and pigtails?! 

This sweetie pie is just the cutest, best girl we could ask for!

Here's what's happening with our Avey right now:
  • At your 2 year well-check, you weighed 29 pounds, which put you in the 75th percentile.  You were 34.5 inches tall, which was also the 75th percentile!  You're a healthy, growing girl!
  • If you asked anyone who knows you, they would say that you are a talker!!!  You have so many words that I can't even begin to count them!  You speak in phrases very regularly and often use full sentences.  Some of the things you say are hilarious!  The other day you told me when I was driving, "Mommy, be careful.  This car is dangerous!" One day after I told you I loved you, you said "Mommy, don't say that.  That's rude!" And I just heard you say to your daddy "I a baby, Dad...wahhhh, wahhhh" Ha!!! You very rarely stop talking.:)
  • You could care less about watching tv, which is so different from your sister!  If you're going to watch something, you seem to prefer movies like Frozen, 101 Dalmations, or Little Mermaid.  Occasionally, you will sit for a few minutes to watch Mickey Mouse, Sofia the First, or Doc McStuffins, but that is a pretty rare occasion.
  • You loooooove to eat!  This has not changed from day one.  You are a very adventurous eater and seem to really prefer more "adult" foods.  We laugh so much because Alexis is the complete opposite and prefers very few, mostly bland things and those are some of the only things you don't want to eat.  You really love white chicken chili and black bean and corn salsa.  I wouldn't say you love vegetables, but you will eat them when asked especially if they are mixed in with something else.  We are SO thankful for this aspect of your personality! 
  • You love your sister!  Sometimes you fight like cats and dogs, but as soon as you are separated for any length of time you ask where she is and what she is doing! 
  • You are a smart cookie!  You get to do lots of things earlier than your sister did because she is doing them and you don't seem to skip a beat!  You love to use markers and scissors and do both pretty well for being so young!
  • You sleep through the night most nights and only occasionally wake up crying.  If that happens, you put yourself back to sleep easily.  I think you must get startled or have a bad dream!
  • You are mildly interested in potty training, but you are not at all ready quite yet.  You will sit on the potty here and there after Lex has used the toilet, but you don't produce anything.  We're not rushing it!
  • Your nicknames are Avey, Avey Lynn, Sissy, and Stink-o-potamus (that's Daddy's:).
Sweet Avey Lynn,

The last two years have been a joy as we have watched you grow from a newborn to an infant to a toddler.  You bring the funny to our family and we love when you make us laugh!  You love your sister fiercely and she loves you back.  I hope you are always best friends!  You are so sweet and love to snuggle and be sung to.  You also have a sassy side that we have seen a little bit more lately, especially while your 2 year molars have been coming in!:)  We just love your personality and the way it is changing every day.  May God bless you with health and happiness as you continue to grow to be a child of His, sweet girl!  We love you more than you know!

Love,
Mama and Dada 


No comments:

Post a Comment